So, it seems that it’s been awhile again. Which you can totally blame job hunting and a little jaunt back into the world of MMORPGs on (I don’t so much play them anymore, as flirt with them. You know, log on once every 3-12 months, ruffle them up a little bit, see how they’re going, and then wander off due to distractions (often in the form of shiny, e.g. tin foil) and creative adventures).
So, anyway, I sort of found myself a job, I say sort of because right now I’m in training, and am only guaranteed about 4 hours in the next work week (and probably on a regular basis unless I get good sales)(although, at least I’m on call for two other shifts). Which, I suppose works, from the standpoint that I have a vocal competition coming up on the 17th (aka next Saturday). But overall, unless I’m able to pick up a about 12+ hours a week, I can pretty much kiss whatever I make out the window to everyday bills right now. So, I’m still looking for something, maybe part time in the office realm to sort of balance the schedule and pay out a bit. *shrugs* We’ll see, the economy is rough right now, especially for someone who doesn’t have the shiniest resume (thank you not knowing what to major in, and car accident which ended up with a roughly 5-6 year recovery time), and generally I’m happy to have whatever work I can get right now.
Anyway though, so, I’ve still been working on a few creative projects…
- Seed packets (I have to save my heirloom seeds in something.)
- Faster production techniques for some of my etsy earrings (aka ways to speed up painting, since I’m getting a little bored of hand painting my fake plug earrings, and it’s starting to become a bit difficult to keep up with the demand).
- Handmade shoes out of natural (in this case, chemical free) materials (I can already tell you that there’s going to be jute and probably some wood carving involved).
- Foot & running friendly sandals (based mostly on barefoot running).
- The sweet sweet nerdiness that is letterpress (but of course, all weird and cheapified, because if I can’t make it for half the cost of what everyone else is, where’s the adventure?)
- And trying to figure out how to make my own plant-based chemical free glue (it’s the eco-nerd part of me and the vegan part of me meeting up, having some tea, and being very frustrated with the current selection of unhealthy chemical and unkind animal adhesives).
…all that said, it’s getting late… er, early (it’s almost 6 a.m.) and since I’ve been up all night in suborn attempt to get back onto a normal human sleep schedule, I’m finding that I’m starting to lose my edge on coherent and well put together thought… so I’m afraid that’s all for now.